Birthing positions

Yesterday nite I was flipping through my pregnancy book, refreshing my memory on things to come soon. Dah 2 kali bersalin but the anxiety is still there. Anxious, scared and rasa loya. I had the same feelings when I bought the book 6 years ago, Yo ended up having to choose one for me.

I think my first birthing experience with Salma was the worst. We had gone shopping the night before and when we got back Hadi had the nesting instinct so he was arranging furniture until late at night. At around four my water broke and we rushed to the hospital. When we arrived at the hospital I had already started having painful contractions. Sleep deprived and tired the nurses recommended pethidine so that I can rest. So tidolah kejap, the pain was still there but bearable, mimpi gorilla la macam-macam and somehow with the medication you weren't sure whether you were dreaming ke betul-betul. Macam high je.

By 10am the medication wasn't working anymore, I wanted another jab but the doctor came and said my labor wasn't progressing well (duh, I was lying down on the bed sleeping) so she wanted to induce the labor with pitocin. I asked her for an epidural first cause I had read that it's going to hurt but my gyne said the doctor who administers the epidural was on his way so we should just start the drip. Bykla on his way, the doc was late as he had an emergency and pitocin was HELL!The contractions were so strong and while I was possibly dying from the pain my PIL,BIL and nephew decided to show up and chat. I only wanted to strangle Hadi's neck! I was wheeled to the labor room where my MIL decided to follow and rub my tummy sambil baca-baca doa. I told her please don't, please don't but she persisted..heheh. I was already looking like a crazy woman so one glare at Hadi and his mom was out of the room.

I don't know whether they gave me a super dose of pitocin ke apa but there wasn't a resting phase between the contractions so I could barely breathe. Masa tulah they gave me the epidural, gahh. Immediately after, my gyne did a VE and I was already 10cm dilated, patutnya tak payah epidural pun! My legs were in stirrups and I didn't feel the urge to push at all, so the pushing part took almost an hour + episiotomy!So lahirlah Salma ke dunia ini dengan kepala yang lonjong :)

How can a person possibly have an easy labor in this position??

It was easier the second time round with Hanan. We had the labor induced as the amniotic fluid volume was quite low. I love, love, love the doctor. She took everything slowly and listened to what I wanted instead of trying to rush things. Induce guna pill, first day half a pill, then the next morning another half.  I was only about 1 cm dilated after the first half, a couple hours after the 2nd half barulah the labor progressed and I was having painful contractions. I had the painful contractions for about 2 hours je and though I asked for painkillers the nurses/midwife buat tak layan je. I was glad as it was still bearable, I could still breathe. I was wheeled to the labor room and there the contractions were stronger and closer apart, that's where the happy gas rescued me and made me happy again. :) Doctor tak sampai lagi and I was already full dilated, when I had the urge to push the doctor pun sampai and asked me to sit in a squatting position while holding my ankles and position my butt on the bed. 3 kali push and Hanan popped out!

Hehe, so insyaallah the third one terus keluar je boleh tak? Some people cannot even feel their contractions. I want to be one of them!!

Ada tak jual TENS machine kat Malaysia ni,siapa tau?

P/s ada kat mudah.com.my for RM190! Siapa pernah guna? Berbaloi tak?

Comments

zurahimi muslim said…
huhu tak setuju jugak kalau kite tengah2 sakit orang datang..kalau nak datang sila datang lepas bersalin...;p
mcm2 orang lain2 dia punye birth story huhu..ape2 pon..selamat semuanya yea

rasa mcm nampak yo dalam nona haritu...betul tak?
ijannina said…
Haha love the gorilla part. Hopefully semua selamat yer. Take good care of youself!
suria said…
hehe..lepas bersalin kat hospital pun tak larat nak layan sebab nak tido..ehehe..masa first baby siap orang dtg promo amway set bersalin lagi..hehe..yup, yo jadi model terjun!

thanks mon, can't wait :)
Azean said…
Su,

dah tak lama dah ye :)

yes, even dah bersalin byk kali pun the feelings are still the same. takut tu tetap ade. hehe..

i'm sure it's going to be much easier for you this time. Our third pun cepat je. doc came in just in time to sambut. my legs are not even up baby terus keluar. haha..
Iza said…
InsyaAllah kali ni su bersalin senang. Amin.. Tp mmg neves kan? Yup, iza due Jan 2012. New year, new baby.

Popular Posts