Ugly but oh so yummy!


I was watching food network on TV when I saw a steaming dish of macaroni with bolognese sauce - and I had to have it! Looked so delicious on TV but I'm not a fan of macaroni or the sauce T_T  Pelik tetapi benar. I can eat it but I don't think it's filling enough for dinner, more like a snack. But.....if you pair with breadsticks...hmmmmm

So terhasilah this ugly but delicious breadsticks. We've always loved Fazoli's breadsticks in the US. Dahla FREE so you can eat as many as you want. I tried googling the recipe and found out that they actually use ready made ones and each contains 150 calories! Wah, berapa byk dulu makan in one sitting??? 

Found this recipe instead, tastes kinda the same but Fazoli's is a bit softer. Guess I overcooked mine because it's a bit too brown on top or it might be because I rolled the dough in butter before baking. Next time I'll just follow the recipe which is to brush with butter after it's cooked.Try lah =)

1 cup warm water
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil
3 cups bread flour
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

Directions:

1
Make dough using your favorite method- bread machine, mixer or by hand.
2
Roll out into a 10x12 inch rectangle.
3
Cut into strips about 3/4 inch wide.
4
Give each strip a twist and place on a greased cookie sheet.
5
Let rise for at least 20 minutes or more if you have time.
6
Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.
7
Brush with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese.




Comments

Popular Posts