Sunday, September 27, 2009
We only paid rm14 for shipping to get the rocking horse and small tent for Salma thanks to our credit card points (don't worry,we pay full every month). Our card is direct access under CIMB if I'm not mistaken. No yearly or monthly fees then dapat presents pulak..best gile. The horse is too small but she likes it anyway. She loves the tent, it comes with a tunnel!
I'm happy we got the tent as she was always taking the sofa cushions to build her house and Hanan to make her slide. We had no place to sit, now with the tent she doesn't mess around with the cushions and Hanan pun lupa pasal slide..yeay!Win-win for all!
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Today is Salma's birthday!Happy Birthday sweetheart!Rasa macam nak nangis je tengok gambar lama-lama. Dah besar dah anak mama ni...huhu. Funny pulak rasa nak nangis..macam makcik tua drama melayu yang nangis anak-anak tak balik raya sebab dah lupakan dia...huhuu
Happy Birthday Salma!We love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!Mama doakan Salma blessed with a beautiful life, always in Allah's protection and ingat mama bila dah besar. Mama nak pi nangis sat..hohoho
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Syawal bakal menjelma..dikesempatan ini, saya ingin mengucapkan Selamat Hari Raya dan Maaf Zahir Batin kepada semua rakan-rakan dan sanak saudara. :) Semoga Syawal ini penuh dengan kegembiraan, good company and good food. Tidak lupa juga, berhati-hatilah dijalan raya. Selamatttt Haariiiiii Raaaayyaaaaaaaaaaaa..jeng jeng jeng
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Hanan is 19 months now. Some of the things she can do:
1) Climb chairs and the dining table. Once Hadi brought back McDonalds, left it on the table then went straight to see me in the bedroom. The kids were surprisingly quiet so I asked Hadi to check on them. Hanan was already on the table poking the plastic bags with the food!Nampak sangat pelahap..hehe
2) Say two words together: nak cucu, babah ane?, etc. Then the other day we were reading lift the flaps book...she's really good at remembering the things behind each flap. So I asked her to find the bats..guess what she said? "There's the bats!" That's 3 words stringed together!Well done. She can also say eee-back, translation : put it back :) . Haha..ni Salmala asik kena..learned from mama ni..
3) I'm sooo glad ribena dah habis. She always wants ribena in her drink, but I make it really diluted. She just wants the color. She'll always come into the kitchen saying nak aye, nak aye. When I fill her cup she'll say ena,ena (ribena) while pointing at the kitchen cabinet, then before i close the lid of her cup, ice,ice,nak ice. :P This baby knows what she wants.
4) When I ask her what she wants for breakfast the answer would always be EGG!The other day she almost gave me a heart attack at the store. Tengah bungkus telur dalam plastic and si kenit ni pun tgh capai telur jugak...luckily tak pecah
5) Whenever we're in the car and she sees a flat clear land she'll say BEACH!
6) Loves reading and repeats words easily. Though she has a problem with saying balloon, she says something like tutu or butu?! for balloon.
7) Copies almost everything that Salma does, she sometimes mimics us when we pray.
8) Everytime we switch off the light, night or day she'll say goo-nite..
9) Loves shoes, knows how to run
10) Listens to instructions..sometimes when Hadi asks Salma to do something and cik salma buat dek je..the little sister will push salma and say go!go!
11) She's a daddy/babah's girl. Since we don't have a bibik anymore, she's closer to Hadi. Always greets him when he comes home from work and seeks Hadi's company when doing her activity...When Salma was little it was always with me or bibik je. I like it better this way that the girls get to be closer to their dad. Better dad then bibik rite?
12) What else? Oh..she's good at making animal noises..can even make pig's oink oink with her nose upturned..hehe
13) She can pee when i ask her to but refuses to do it in the potty...on the floor bebeh
14) Is uncomfortable when she has onk onk in her diaper, or when her hands are dirty...she'll say nak wash,nak wash...onk-onk!onk-onk!...should be able to toilet train her but she refuse to potty..maybe dia nak potty yang canggih..
15) kick a ball
Okla..that's it...till later
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Hohohoh....saw an episode of Jon and Kate where they assigned the little ones chores, ingatkan nak tambah chores for Salma but she's actually been doing all the age appropriate chores..thought maybe she could sweep the floor or iron clothes (just kidding!). Well, a mother can only hope :P
from http://www.chores-help-kids.com/age-appropriate-chores.htmlAges 2, 3 and 4
Many toddlers are eager to help with chores, and while their “helping” may not always be truly helpful, we should encourage that excitement and the habit of helping out around the household.
Some chores 2-4 year olds can do
Help make the bed
Put dishes in the sink (Plastic!)
Pick up toys and books
Take laundry to the laundry room
Help feed pets
Help wipe up messes
Dust with socks on their hands
Mop in areas with help.
Floss teeth (with help and a flosser)
Water garden (with pre measured water)
Pick up toys at the end of day
Chores appropriate for 4 to 6 year old childrenFour, five and six year olds still find helping to be an exciting venture and usually are happy to try and help. At this age, they are ready to do some chores without constant supervision. Rewards at this age are very motivating.
Chores for 4 - 6 year olds
Clear and set the table
Help preparing food to cook?Carrying and putting away groceries
Floss Teeth (with flosser)
Pick up toys
Make bed/change sheets (start with having him/her take off the dirty sheets and hand you the clean ones )
Carry dirty dishes to kitchen or sink
Put away folded clean clothes
Put dirty clothes into clothes hamper
Set out clothes for the next day
Set out backpack, shoes etc (whatever is needed for school)
Clean room (have him/her help with picking up things and putting them in their appropriate place)
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
I think Salma would love doing gymnastics, I would sign her up for lessons if there was a place in Kerteh..malangnya takde..
Another two weeks till raya!
Last week we went back to KL and finally decided on a house we'd like to buy. We've booked Laman Indah..hopefuly Indahlah bila dah siap. :) We haven't signed the S&P agreement yet, probably sometime before raya but we're set on this. Kalau tak burnlah the RM3k booking fee. Our house will be one of those facing the park (the green square in the upper pic). InsyaAllah the house will be ready sometime in 2011. Siapa nak berjiran? Hehe